Sunday, February 19, 2012

And Stamp I Did....


Hi!
Just wanted to get a quick post in before my scheduled post runs tonight so that I can enter a few wonderful challenges that are happening around blog land.  I made these over the last two days, but this card in particular is the one that I'm entering into challenges.
The criteria that I followed for this card was based on a photo inspiration over at Case Study and also Our Creative Corner that asked you to use only black and white and a splash of color; I chose blue, however the pictures seem more teal; regardless...both were wonderful challenges.
CASE Study's photo inspiration is this
I drew inspiration from the framing of the fancy scalloped base, the trio of flowers, the banner, the color blue and the dots.
This is an image from Ignacio over at Nicecrane Designs titled, 
I've made a frame out of the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Rectangles and double layered the image.  The trio of flowers I made myself with circle punches and stamped various polka dots on them with the Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous stamp set.   The banner was created  by cutting out the classifieds ad in the newspaper and covering it with clear crackle paint.  This probably doesn't make sense until you read the inside of the card



 Humorous Birthday Card for a female
As if she purchased "it" out of the newspaper classified ads.
  All while keeping with the wonderful challenge at Our Creative Corner and using only black,   white and blue.

If you fancy the above image, you can find them here at

Two other cards I made yesterday, also using Nicecrane Designs Images, called  
The Roosevelt Bears.
Thought this one would be cute for President's Day.





Okie dokie, that's it for me on this post, but I hope you've enjoyed your visit and found a little inspiration here.
Thank you so much for stopping in....
BIG hugs and happy stamping!
Lisa :)

Challenges I would like to enter:

CASE Study - 78; Photo Inspiration (Feb 21)
Our Creative Corner - Black and White With a Splash of Color (Feb 24)


24 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i am speechless - they are all so fabulous!!
I love those bears ..
Lisa x

angelwhispers said...

Lisa your work is just so amazing all of these cards are just so individual I just love them they are so different! Chanelle xxx

Linda said...

Wow lisa your work is just stunning!!!! That first card with that vintage look Wow!!!!!! The other cards are fabulous too !!!! You sure do some excellent work Lisa!!!!!Way to go!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lisa it is beautiful

Marie said...

Delightful collection of cards. Love the marvelous layering. The hand made flowers are fantastic.

1CardCreator said...

Great cards! Love the colors! Thanks for hosting Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am #23)

Anne said...

Such great cards. Love the middle one, the layout and colors and rosette is lovely. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Sue said...

Hello Q

What Beauties you have made this weekend..... Your percipience of following the Theme at OCC Black/White with a splash of colour has been followed to perfection and I know the rest of the Team are going to love your creation, to me it is a stunner, and thank you for entering and giving many more people the opportunity to see your wonderful humorous cards.
The other two are also adorable, your proficient colour work makes an ordinary image come to life.
I may be the 'Pea in the Pod' Q but your the Savvy one!
Smiles:)
O

Alyce said...

Wow this is just stunning...I love those papers, embellishments, everything! Gorgeous work :)

Aimes said...

You've been a busy crafty bee! I love your monochromatic take on our CASE study challenge!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anita Houston said...

Mounds of beautiful texture!!! I love your color pop choice as well! Nice floral paper...eye candy!!! Thanks for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Three awesome pieces of work, Lisa! Your b/w card for OCC is wonderful - got a giggle out of your image and love the composition. A little frustrated that you didn't give us a full frontal view though - really wanted to examine those handmade flowers - LOL! Your coloring on the bears is phenomenal! Thrilled to have you playing along with our OCC challenges the past couple of weeks! Hope you will be a regular.

Hugs,
Linda

Maureen said...

love your inspiration with Karola's card :) That image is so gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely a delicious to watch Lisa,,,I am surprise about how work my picture on B/W,,,,,about your fantastic card,,,,,,hoooray for Lisa,,,,love your cards my friend.

Colin said...

I really like your first card. These all have great stamps.

Colin

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness, your cards are fabulous ... the design, the dimension and texture and a little bit of humour too!
I love your detailing on our B&W card, your papers and flowers are gorgeous and your splash of blue is so fresh and works so perfectly!
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

Love the whole pearls and the pokey pins! Well, of course the image is really funny!!!! Love all three cards, but those flowers...very pretty!!! And the bears. ROCK ON!

Tracy said...

Whooppee! Yep, it was worth waiting to see what all that stamping was going to produce. These are wonderful! I love when you add your fun little spins with the sentiments. :-)
Those bears are really cool too. Love 'em all!! Hugs!

Jeanne J said...

Wow! I love your cards - very clever, unique and original! The image of the woman examining the man in her hand made me laugh! Glad you found me so that I could find YOU!

sue w. said...

Hi Lisa, popped over to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I so appreciated it.
Your black and white cards are beautiful, I love the flowers. Just fab. I love your blog and am now a follower.
Hugs Sue W.

Margaret said...

I have been resisting going to this site because I know what will happen! But here you go again with these fabulous creations that make me feel the need to go 'look'. must... resist... shopping...
LOVE the sentiment with the image on the first card! A perfect example of your amazing humor! The bears are just wonderful. They really show your artistic talent! Love the sanded background on the second!
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! You have perfect timing with your warped and twisted humor!

Shelby said...

Amazing cards! You are the goddess of vintage and creativity. Love your handmade flowers...see I could save some moolah if I had some of your skills but instead I give my money to the local crack dealer! I just love how you did the rosette thing in the center of the second card and love the distressed embossing of the last one!

Lisa S. said...

I love the diversity on these three cards Lisa!!! Your flowers ROCK and I love how you showcased the digi's and Spellbinders frames. So many little steps that really knock your "works of art" out of the ballpark.
Happy Crafting, my friend!
L1

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lisa, all I can say is WOW! All three of your cards are gorgeous with so much wonderful detail. I adore that vintage image on the card you created for OCC. The pop of blue really looks aweesome against the black and white. All of the fabby dimension and detail from those flowers and the popped up image is fantastic. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)